Welcome to WebSure Version II
perry barr team
activities calendar
our services
just for children
our venues
news and downloads
common questions
useful contacts
for dads
useful links
for childminders
job spot!
money matters
ofsted reports
useful local websites
Click here for text menu
Money Matters
Money Matters

Child Benefit - Are you bringing up a child who:
  • Is aged under 16?
  • Is aged under 19 and studying full-time up to A level, Advanced Vocational Certificate of Education (AVCE) or equivalent?
  • Is aged 16 or 17 years old and has left school recently, and has registered for work or training with the Careers Service or Connexions Service?
If YES to one of these, you should claim Child Benefit.

To find out more about child benefit, how to claim, and to make a claim online, please click on the link below.

Click here to view Child Benefit information and claim forms

return to top

Community Money Advice Centre
The Community Money Advice Centre has been giving advice to people with financial difficulties in Birmingham since 1972.

The current service offers free, confidential and independent advice to anyone who lives within Birmingham City boundaries.

The Money Advice Centre provides specialist help in both debt and welfare benefits.

Click on the link below to find out more.

Click here to view Money Advice website

return to top

Step Change
Step Change offers free, expert, tailored & practical solutions to debt problems.

Click here to view www.stepchange.org

return to top

Sure Start Maternity Grant
Coping with the extra costs of a new baby can be difficult. There’s a grant to help you give your baby a positive start in life. It’s called the Sure Start Maternity Grant

The grant is made from the Social Fund and you do not have to pay it back

Who can get the grant?

You can get a Sure Start Maternity Grant if you or your partner are getting:

  • Income Support
  • Income based Jobseeker's Allowance
  • Pension Credit
  • Child Tax Credit which includes an amount higher than the family element
  • Working Tax Credit where a disability or severe disability element is included in the award

How do I claim?
You can claim a Sure Start Maternity Grant on form SF100. You can get the form from the News & Downloads area of our site, click here. The form comes with notes that will help you fill it in and tell you where to send it

If you have a partner, either of you can fill in the claim form, but make sure you include the name of the baby’s mother.

You can claim a Sure Start Maternity Grant at any time from the 29th week of your pregnancy until your child is three months old

If you are adopting a baby, you must claim the grant within three months of the adoption and the baby should be no more than 12 months old when you claim.

If you or you or your partner have been granted a parental order for a surrogate birth, you must claim within three months of the date of the parental order
Click here to view Department for Work & Pensions-Maternity Grant LINK

return to top

Tax Credit payments for families with children
9 out of 10 families with children are entitled to tax credits. You can be given Child Tax Credit in the form of payments from the government regardless of whether you are working or not

Child Tax Credit is paid direct to the person who is mainly responsible for caring for the child or children. If you are a lone parent you will receive the payment

Working Tax Credit is for people who are employed or self-employed (either on their own or in a partnership), who usually work 16 hours or more a week, who are paid for that work, and who expect to work for at least 4 weeks

For more information either select the following web site link or call the Helpline on 0345 300 3900 (textphone 0345 300 3909 )
Click here to view http://www.taxcredits.inlandrevenue.gov.uk

return to top

The Money Charity
This is a national money education charity, formed to help people better manage their money

It offers a range of resources including debt advice guides and budget sheets, which can be downloaded from its website

Click here to view www.themoneycharity.org.uk

return to top

Welcome | Perry Barr Team | Activities Calendar | Our Services | Just for Children | Our Venues | News and Downloads | Common Questions | Courses | Useful Contacts | For Dads | Useful Links | For Childminders | Job Spot! | Money Matters | Ofsted Reports | Useful Local Websites |
Site © WebSure 2003-2018 login